How to Become a Foster Parent in Georgia
Foster parenting is a very rewarding experience for both the parent and child. As a foster parent you will be able to make a huge difference in a child's life by taking them into your home. Our ultimate goal at It Is Well is to provide safe and loving homes for our foster children who come from inadequate home situations. For that reason our potential parents at It Is Well go through a process which gives proper education and training. This process is done to ensure a safe and adequate home for our foster children. Here at It Is Well we provide: orientation, education, certification, training, classes, and financial support for our foster parents.
Benefits Of Being a Foster Parent
• You are able to provide a child with a place to live which they can call home.
• It Is Well guides you on being a foster parent every step of the way.
• You have a supportive community of foster parents
• It Is Well Foster Care also distributes a monthly board and care reimbursement.
Foster Parent Activities
It Is Well understands that the Foster Parenting Process can be tricky and completely new to some. This is why we provide a step-by-step process. We have IMPACT Training, CPR and First Aid Training, as well as continuous support throughout the Foster Parenting Process. It Is Well also hosts several events a year where foster families can participate and be able to interact with one another. You can visit the Events page to view all of our upcoming events.
Why Should I Consider Becoming A Foster Parent?
• You are good with kids.
• Your commitment will help change a child's future.
• Patience and a sense of humor are two of your greatest strengths.
• You believe that children should maintain their cultural ties.
• Reaching out to others seems natural to you.
• You can enrich a child's life with your unique family heritage.
• You know how important it is to be part of a family.
• You are ready to accept the challenge of parenting.
• Your community needs you to make a difference in a child's life.
Do I Fulfill The Basic Requirements?
In order to become a foster parent, you must meet the requirements. The five basic requirements that you must meet are:
1 AVAILABLE SPACE IN YOUR HOME
2 VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
3 SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
4 VALID SOURCE OF INCOME
5 RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
What Is The Process Like?
Once you have met the requirements, you will go through a six-step process that includes:
2 IMPACT TRAINING (30 HOURS)
3 CPR & 1ST AID CERTIFICATION
4 FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE
5 SUBMIT PAPERWORK
6 HOME STUDY & HOME INSPECTION
START THE PROCESS TODAY
Fill out our contact form or give us a call to receive more information on becoming a foster parent right away!